Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pulled Pork Sliders

Pulled Pork  Sliders

Well I recently was looking in my basement for something, and while I was down there I discovered a long lost crock pot. My Mom forgot that we had even had one, and now I've really been looking for any chance to use it!

I saw some beef in my freezer and deiced to come up with my own pulled pork!

Here is what you'll need:

  • 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons hot paprika
  • 1 teaspoon mustard powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • Kosher salt  
  • Ground pepper
  • Pork shoulder
  • 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, plus more to taste
  • 3 tablespoons Ketchup 
  • 1 tablespoon Franks Hot Sause 
  • 3 teaspoons Cheyenne pepper
  • Mini Ciabatta Buns
Take the brown sugar, paprika, mustard powder, cumin, salt, and pepper, rub the meat with spice rub. Meanwhile warm up the 2 table spoons of vegetable oil in a skillet, once it is warm place the pork in shoulder in a skillet.

Then after you have the pork browned place it into your crock pot along with the hot sauce, vinegar, ketchup, and cheyenne pepper. Let it cook on low for about 8 hours so make sure to start this early in the day or the night before!

I  just checking in every once in a while and stirring with a for to break it up as it cooks down. 


After the pork is done cooking grill your buns, and top with some lettuce. You could also add some of your favorite BBQ sauce if you really wanted, but I like it just the way it is!

This is the final product! Hope you enjoyed this post!


No comments:

Post a Comment