Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Party Chicken! (Apricot Chicken)

This is the first recipe that I feel confident enough to share with you guys.
I have grown up eating this, and now I understand while my Mom made it so much, it is so easy!

First start with a boneless, skinless chicken breast per person that will be eating. (I'm just making two)

What else you'll need:

  • Thousand Island Salad Dressing
  • Onion Soup Mix
  • Apricot Preserves


Take your chicken and place them in a bowl, after that place 2 table spoons of Thousand Island Dressing *per piece of chicken*. Then Add 1 table spoon of Apricot Preserves *per piece of chicken* also. Then depending on how many pieces of chicken you have I would use 1 pack of Onion Soup Mix per 4 pieces of chicken, since I am only making 2 pieces I used half a pack tonight. After all that, mix it all together and coat the chicken breasts. Place the chicken into a casserole pan, and cook the chicken for 30-40 minuets, until the juices are hot and bubbly. 


Before:


After:


Now I really am a lover of homemade sides and to make everything you can from scratch, but with this meal I really do love to serve Rice Roni. Now don't knock this before you try it though, I do put my own gourmet twist on the Rice. 
What you'll need:

  • Rice Roni (My favorite flavor is Long Grain & Wild Rice)
  • Green onions
  • Slivered Almonds Toasted





Now all I do with this that is different from following the directions on the box is add my almonds, and green onions. I add the almonds at beginning and garnish with the green onions at the end. It is a perfect way to make the rice your own. 

Since I just made this tonight because I was busy, and had most of this I didn't have any green onions but I improvised and added parsley to my since since I had that in the fridge. It worked just as good, but I still like green onions better!

I promise you this chicken will turn out juicy, and tasteful every time you make it! Go give it a shot! Here is the final picture hope you enjoyed this post!




No comments:

Post a Comment